Bike Shop Fire NOT Caused By Charging E-Bike Battery

Bike shop fires ignited by charging e-bike batteries, unfortunately, are not a rare story here at Jimmy Mac On Two Wheels. What is a rare story is a bike shop fire caused by two employees cremating a mouse. Yes, you read that correctly.

Two bike shop employees, who we assume were bored out of their gords, found a dead mouse and figured cremation was a better option than burial for the disposal of the little corpse. A degreaser was employed to accelerate the slow-burning rodent. Unknown to the shop employees, their fire was spreading to a storage room. When they did discover the unintended inferno, the fire was too large for their shop’s extinguisher to handle.

BBC news reports the two received 8 months in the slammer and 10 months of suspension.

Related posts